Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Oh geez...I've been tagged for the Book Meme

My favorite blogger, Pinko Feminist Hellcat, deserves a swift kick in the arse for tagging me (with all due love, of course).

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?
Like the Singing Coming Off the Drums by Sonia Sanchez. Her poems are so musical, lyrical and beautiful when spoken, that I would happily memorize them for the benefit of future generations.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
LOTS.
Scully on the X-Files.
Jordan on Crossing Jordan.
Nan King in Tipping the Velvet.
CJ on the West Wing.
Queen Maeve of Irish mythology.
Most of the characters in The L Word (except Jenny).
I'm such a dyke.

The last book you bought is?
Elmo's Big Lift-and-Look Book for my son. He LOVES it, and since it kept him busy for long stretches of a recent 6-hour car ride, I love it too.

What are you currently reading?
I just finished Work, by Louisa May Alcott. I have always poo-poohed her writing because I only think of Little Women. But she wrote Work for an adult audience and it's actually a very politically charged book. I'm so glad I gave her a chance. After all, my wife said it was a life-changing book for her, so how could I deny that pitch? She was right, as usual.

Five books you would take to a deserted island:
In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez
Stitch and Bitch by Debbie Stoller
a boxed set of Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
Hallucinating Foucault by Patricia Duncker
a boxed set of The Bean Trees, Homeland, Animal Dreams and Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
I am not sure who is actually reading my blog, but if you're reading, I would like to hear from:
The Writer Who Never Writes
MamaCate
PippiKneeSocks

No comments: