Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cable Lust

With life rolling along such as it is, I should not be looking at new knitting projects. However, I got an email from Loop this morning with this photo in it.


Meow! ... pant, pant, pant ...

I LOVE that blanket. Love it! My first thought was "if my brother ever gets married, that will be his wedding gift." Then I thought, "hell, I could make that for myself!" I've been ogling the Great American Aran Afghan for a long time, especially because I have the privilege of fondling Alison's squares in person. Even though it feels like blasphemy, I think I like the Cables Untangled blanket better. We're talking serious lust here. I need this book. Bad.

9 comments:

nina beana said...

why don't you just smoke some crack while you're at it?

xo

carrym said...

Aaaaahhhh!!!! Damn...cable lust doesn't even begin to describe it...wonder if they have it at the library yet???

maryse said...

i'm going to have to take a look at that book. i'm a big fan of cables and would wear nothing but cable sweaters if i weren't so fat.

hell i'll wear them anyway ;)

Thorny said...

Purrrrrrr! Helllloooooo cable-y goodness, come to mama!

Wow, is that awesome! I've been fighting the blanket urge for a while now, but that... ooof. I think I may finally succumb, because that thing is just amazing!

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing when I saw that book! Well, okay I don't have a brother, so I wasn't thinking quite the exact same thing, but close enough. I have to make it.

Sneaksleep said...

*Wimper*

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, honey. Blankets should look smashing from across the room, as well as close up.

Karola said...

got here via Alison's blog.. and wow i've got cable lust too.. thanks for the help with my addiction.. hee..hee.. do so love the blanket too.. also just ordered another cable book... haha.like i need another one.. :-) thanks karola

Beth S. said...

Go to Knitpicks and you can "view inside pages". Unfortunately, I didn't see anything as spectacular as that afghan. There's one sweater that looks tempting (to me)--it's the brownish one on the 3rd page of photos. But everything else I could take or leave. I wonder how many more projects there are, besides the ones pictured? And I would have loved to see some pictures from the cable dictionary, not just of projects. Ah well, it'll be out soon and we can all leaf through it then.