Monday, May 09, 2005

The Thumb Turban


Thumb Turban
Originally uploaded by The Feminist Mafia.
I spent the weekend rolling balls of Cotton Ease. With a task like that on the thumb, one must come up with amusing ways to pass the time. So for each new ball, I would lean into Ms. Wife, and whisper secretly, "My thumb has a turban." The first time, she busted out the wit with, "quick kill it, it's a muslim." Thank god our son was snoozing. I don't think a 2 year old understands finely woven political sarcasm.

When told "my thumb has a turban" for balls 2,3,4 and 5, she was significantly less amused. She replied with a couple eye rolls, some left-eyebrow raising, and eventually, "you're insane." To which I replied, "yes dear, but that's why you keep me around." She had no response. She knows I'm right.

No comments: