For someone who is constantly moving, thinking, and comparing myself to others, pure contentment is a rare thing. But this weekend, I've experienced it.
- Farmer's Market
- Recycling center
- Lunch at the Flatbread Pizza Company in Amesbury, MA with Wifey and Little Man
- Holding Little Man while he stared at the fire in the brick oven and squealed "Pizza" every time the cutie teenaged hippies pulled pizza from oven
- Exploring Amesbury and wanting to spend all afternoon at Fiddlestix, a fabulous independent toy store
- Chopping heaping piles of locally grown apples for a pie
- Chopping heaping piles of organic tomatoes in weird varieties from Wifey's little sister's organic farm on the Cape
- Fancy dinner, lots of wine, fresh apple pie and great conversations with our wonderful next door neighbors
- Painting and coloring with Little Man
- Making sugar cookies from scratch and including Little Man in every step
- Closing the windows because it's chilly
- Watching Child Smart's Your Tiny Artist, a wholesome, simple video and listening to Little Man sing, "Can you see the sun? The sun is so warm. Oh, boys and girls what a wonderful world" in tune.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a good weekend. I also ended up with multicolored tomatoes this weekend--I think tomorrow they might be mixed with a bit of basil for a tomato-tasting dinner.
What a lovely post! You conveyed some of that appreciate-the-world vibe to us. A great way to inspire us on a gray and sad Monday morning. (I am writing this at almost exactly the moment that the airplanes hit.)
haha what a wonderful weekend
I fondly think of apple-picking as fall's ritual to begin. Thank you for the smile, and see you on the 24th!
That's a great weekend, all right.
That all sounds amazing. And look at him! He is so big!
Post a Comment