Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Knitting? I do that?

Thank Dogod for the MBTA, because I present to you [drum roll] my finished Sophie's Toes Blueberry Socks! Who-Ray!



Last night, Wifey had a Borders date with Nina, so I stayed home, gave Little Man the longest bath in history so we could have an entire conversation without interruption, snuggled in his bed while he fell asleep, popped LOTR-2Towers in the DVD, and curled up on the couch with a cone of yarn, formerly destined for an Eris. An hour later, I had a swatch for Arwen! I promptly washed it, measured it and moaned about the gauge. Then I woke up, boarded my train, and measured again. Magic! It's perfect. I present to you [drum roll] the yarn for my Arwen*. Who-Ray!



*If you're interested in joining the KAL, drop a note to ACardiganForArwen AT gmail DOT com.

8 comments:

Beth S. said...

You got gauge! With stash yarn! Did you know you get extra points for that? ;-)

Kathy said...

She not only sands and spackles, but she swatches, washes and gets gauge! Such a Renaissance woman.

Emily said...

Socks YAY!

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

pigbook1 said...

Happy Birthday Right back atcha! I want to knit that sweater so bad, but no yarn money right now, so I will probably do it later. Congrats on the socks and getting gauge

nina beana said...

hello stinky feet! lovin the socks.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! thinking of you on this wettie wet and tea filled day. xo

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I still need to swatch! But presents must be done first, so after Turkey Day, I promise!!
=:8

Anonymous said...

I. am. jealous. Your socks are swell as hell. I am still knitting scarfs.....but scarfs of epic proportions they are!