Sunday, November 05, 2006

I'm one tough girl

Seriously. After 6 days of working on My Old House aka Ms. 1890, I'm feeling supremely tough. My ass is SO bad. Thus, I will subject you chronicle. If you're bored with home renovation, feel free to click away. If you think Rich's shiny head is sorta cute, or Kevin's strawberry curls are drool-worthy, stick around.

Total Days: 6
Mafia Hours: 21
Mafia-Helpers: 5
Mafia-Helper's Hours: 29
Total Person Hours: 50

Accomplished:

Dining Room: wallpaper stripped; carpet ripped; boards, tacks & staples pulled

Playroom: wallpaper stripped; carpet ripped; boards, tacks & staples pulled

Living Room: wallpaper stripped; floor OK

Downstairs hallway: carpet ripped; linoleum ripped; boards, tacks & staples pulled

Stairs: carpet ripped; boards, tacks & staple pulled

Upstairs landing: carpet ripped; linoleum + subfloor demolished; antique spikes pulled

Front bedroom: linoleum + subfloor demolished; linoleum#2 ripped; antique spikes pulled; ceiling scraped

Middle bedroom: linoleum ripped; ceiling scraped; 90% of wallpaper stripped

Back bedroom: linoleum ripped

Upstairs bathroom: wallpaper stripped; gouges in wall skim-coated with joint compound (coat 1 of 3)

Prior to the arrival of the Helpers, I destroyed floors. Lots of linoleum and effing carpet:


See how tough I am? As proof, here's my first haul away. FYI-that's 4 bags of -heavy- linoleum in FIL BigTime's car.


And now, for your entertainment, I will sleep.

15 comments:

Engranon said...

Wow! No, really, WOW! We've been in our house for 16 years (eep!) and we still have half of the nasty carpet that creeped me out when we moved in!

carrym said...

I bow to your big, bulging muscles! I am in awe of your effing awesome ability!!!

You rock! (hope you rested well)

Anonymous said...

holy cats - serious home wrecking - um I mean improvement going on....

Barbara
http://the-string-and-i.blogspot.com/

Thorny said...

Whooo! Go you! Whip that house into shape!

wenders said...

Uhm. Wow. That's a big ole' can of whoop-ass you opened up on that house.

Kathy said...

Have you been eating spinach??? You are amazin.

maryse said...

wow. that's very impressive. do you have before-after pictures?

Anonymous said...

Holy home renovation, Batwoman! I too am in awe of what you folks accomplished. Scraped ceilings? Wallpaper stripped? The mind boggles. I think I have to take a nap just reading about it.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!

Linoleum in bedrooms?!? What the?

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Wow that's amazing! Do you have any energy left to hold knitting needles while you're sitting? If you say "yes" then I want to know what you've been eating ... Popeye's spinach? Go girl.

p.s. I've got the sage for ya.

Anonymous said...

We are not worthy, we are not worthy! BTW, Knitting Ellipse this coming Sunday, not Saturday, but still earlyish (2-7).

Beth S. said...

OMG. You are a frakkin' MACHINE. There can be no other explanation.

Ashley said...

I think this qualifies you as one tough WOMAN. You rock.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Not even Bob Villa can hold a candle to you, GF!! You be rockin' da house!
=:8

Bostonworkerbee said...

Holy crap! That is a lot of home repair! You better save some energy for SnB!

What a LOVELY home by the way!