Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Progress & New Loves

I have officially made progress on Branching Out. Pictures will be posted once I get off my lazy ass and take them. Branching Out is my first lacy project. My humbling little bitch. The pride of my week. My commuting companion. She's a tough lady. And after 22 repeats, I'm still making mistakes here and there. As the Yarn Harlot says, just when you start to get confident, the goddesses of knitting reach out and smack some sense into you. Well, she didn't say that exactly, but something along those lines.

Speaking of ... I bought At Knit's End this weekend, and I'm laughing my way through it. She's a funny woman, that Harlot. I shared her most recent hilarious diatribe with my Mom and wife. Mom claimed that she could've written it. And she's right. I was a pain in the ass as a teenager. And Yes, I am still always late. Always. Everyone knows it. They talk about it. And yes, there is a victims association (aka my entire clan).

In other knitting news, after weeks of agonizing over Mother's Day, I am newly in love with this Nantasket Basket pattern. I plan to make one for Mom and one for Gram within the next few days and get them in the mail in time for a Mother's Day arrival. Think I have enough time? eeekkk. I'd better run (not walk) to my LYS today and procure my wool. This is also an excuse to enhance my collection of Addis.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Not to worry. You can pound out a Nantasket Basket in a day.
Susan
http://ma2ut.blogspot.com