Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Branching Out


Branching Out
Originally uploaded by The Feminist Mafia.
Yes, yes. I am branching out into the foreign land of lacy knits. After spending some time watching videos on the ever-fabulous Knitting Help.com, I was able to figure out all the crazy stitches that this pattern requires. And of course I've made a few mistakes. What handknit project is ever truly perfect? If it were perfect, it would lose it's charm. Overall, this is a great pattern. Very well written. Easy to follow. The pattern repeat is every 10 rows, so you see the results pretty quickly. And it really keeps you on your toes. This is not TV knitting, and I catch my breath every time my son comes within 10 feet of my little WIP. I'm using some random pale pink stash yarn. I have no idea what it is, but I have 3 balls of it in my house. It's knitting up fairly well, but if I make another for my Mom (shhh! don't tell her), I would go shopping for the perfect yarn.

No comments: