Due to a massive re-organization of my craft room, I've actually been working again, with missionary zeal. So far I've scored two converts -- my fantastic teenaged SIL, who was helping cut green flannel with white stars for some PJ pants for me. Next lesson -- PJ pants for herself.
Convert #2: Little Man, who actually pinned pieces and he helped with the sewing!
Here's the finished project.
We used stashed cotton flannel from Hancock Fabrics with Sesame Street characters on tropical islands, and Simplicity 5874, a kids pajama pattern with several options. I intended to make only pants, but he insisted that we make a matching shirt, the little slave driver.
For the record, I used the size 4 pattern for the top, size 3 for the bottoms and both pieces came out really wide. When I use this pattern again, I'll adjust the pattern even more.