Monday, August 14, 2006

Favorite Things Monday - Wilde & Mead

The BFF&exGF#2 Wilde and her current GF Meade visited this weekend, and it was absolutely incredible! We did some copycat cooking and traditional baking; strolling through my favorite quaint New England town; window shopping; a serious search for a feminist-friendly version of Little Man's new princess & dragon obsession [found!]; a toddler-ized short trip to the beach; and a hike through the woods up to a castle, where Little Man and his BFF freely frolicked around the grassy hilltop.

There was snuggling, cuddling, discussions about community, and visions of collective living. But alas, despite my strong opposition, Wilde and the lovely Mead returned to home and work.

My longing to live near her is deep and strong.

4 comments:

Beth S. said...

Maybe the Little Man needs a pair of dragon socks?...

They'd knit up FAST, too. I'm just sayin'.

;-)

Katie said...

Wow, Z is really into princesses and dragons now too, courtesy of the Shrek movies. She prefers to be called "Princess Z" at all times.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've never been to that castle. I should go, I love castles!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

princess and dragons ... I love the combo where the dragons are good and the princess is brave & adventurous.