Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Random Update

1) Still working away at the Koigu SockPal sock, pattern-Rib & Cable socks by Nancy Bush from IK Fall '05

2) Decided on Matisse's Blue Hair for long-overdue gift quilt blocks. Thanks for participating in the poll.

3) Negotiated price, developed budget and started sketching for commissioned memory quilt. The design is really exciting! I can't wait to post about it.

4) Loved volunteering for CraftBoston, especially meeting a friend's Mom quite by accident, and booth sitting for this excellent artist. Apparently my favorite piece was sold this weekend. Notice the curtains blowing in the breeze? Love that. If you're in Brooklyn, go check out her studio.

5) I found an unused(!) Borders gift card in the house, so I bought Simply Felt. I LOVE it, and now I won't feel too bad for bringing roving into the house. You hear that MamaCate? Next thing you know, I'll come home with a drop spindle. eek!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you liking the sock pattern? That's what I did for my Olympic project, and although I love the actual rib/cable part, I thought the heel and toe were a bit odd.

wenders said...

Sorry I missed you at CraftBoston. I am the goober who went and forgot to print out where you were going to be when. But, I loved the show...and the artist you booth sat for! :)