Thursday, April 13, 2006

I actually knit

I know, I know, I haven't been posting about knitting on this here knitting blog. But I have been knitting.

First of all, I've been swatching for Eris. I hate swatching. It's boring and tedious and involves lots of measuring and math and stuff. Barbie doesn't like math. That's why I have a big strong Ken in the next cube. In the photo, the handwriting referring to yarn and needle size is mine. The teeny chicken scratch is the gauge #s, as written by my "gauge ho". Thanks to her, I might actually make a sweater that fits. Whoah.



Secondly, I've been knitting away at these SockPalOOO socks, and I'm enjoying the Koigu more than before. I guess "screw you Koigu" was a bit strong. And yes, as you all suggested, I got used to the teeny needles and teeny yarn. Sorry Koigu.



Here is photographic evidence that I'm not knitting "willy warmers" as Danielle* suggested. The sock fits over a Method wipes bottle that is roughly the size of a man's forearm. However, as Danielle skillfully pulled the sock down over the bottle, I couldn't help but giggle like a 14 year old boy.



Yes, we've been having a great afternoon in the office with lots of belly laughter (and prayers that we don't get fired or hauled into HR on sexual harassment charges). And, NO ... I.do.not.blog.at.work.

*Hey-Zeus Christ, it's all Danielle, Danielle, Danielle today.

2 comments:

Ragnar said...

I actually like it when "knit" bloggers post about other things than knitting, I mean...with knitting mixed in of course.

But you're a quilter! And I'm a quilter, and I wanna see the quilts too!

And of course your knitting it grand as well. Swatching is good...

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

We have a life beyond knitting ... don't we? I just carry my knitting where ever I go. Just in case the mood hit me!