Monday, September 12, 2005

Headless Boobies

Here she is -- my AC Shawl/Not Knit Round Scarf from The Purl Stitch, which was lovingly lent from a fellow MIT Stitch and Bitcher.



For all you spinners out there, yes, that's a spinning wheel in my house. It's Wifey's antique, inherited from her Gammy. We have no idea how old it is. It doesn't work. It's missing some essential parts, which I might have replaced at some point when I'm financially stable (distant or never?). Tiny holes in the wheel indicate that her precious antique has contracted a case of wood worm, so who knows what will happen to it. At the NH Sheep and Wool Festival, I chatted with a spinning wheel craftsman who is willing to refurbish the wheel for me. Perhaps someday.

2 comments:

Erin said...

It's even, uhm, not cuter, in person- I'm tempted to make one - such a good not a poncho piece!

Nadira said...

Cute^H^H^H^HFabulous! It is a gorgeous garment, and I'll bet it was fun to make.

What yarn did you use? And how much of it?