Good friggin lord -- I love you people!! I am completely bowled over by the incredible comment love. You rock!
***** read on if you like TMI *****
I'm only 1/2 awake, so it's a list day:
- Planned a Saturday trip to see Cate and snuggle wool at the Fiber Twist.
- Found references to myself as a "fat bitch" and "dyke" and "tyrant" online and posted here and felt a little better, and then felt TONS better when the comments started flying in, and I discovered new-to-me bloggers.
- Finished TinkerBell costume for a Thurs ballet class. Burned gallons of midnight oil to finish it.
- Barely started Little Man's Peter Pan costume, deadline: T minus 6 days.
- Found out from Alison that our town scheduled Halloween on Sat. 10/28. Crap! deadline: T minus 3 days! Must sew faster. Must cancel trip to Cate.
- The mayor watched the forecast, and re-scheduled Halloween for Sun. 10/29. Yippee! I can still visit Cate, and have enough time to finish the costume. Phew! Read Cate's beautiful post and felt strong need to hug her asap.
- Scheduled closing for new house - Tuesday 10/31 10am. Yippee!
- Interviewed for a new job. Felt the chemistry, rocked the skills questions, and will know more in January. Yes, January.
- Got call from my Mom at 3pm - she's coming to visit for the weekend, and will arrive at 9pm. Huh?? She lives -6- hours away; I never expected a surprise visit.
- Cancelled plans with Cate (major grr!) and a former colleague who is now taunting me with really really juicy gossip that I can only hear if I come to Northampton. Damn her! This is seriously juicy, people. She's killin' me.
- Alerted Wifey to pending Mom visit. We both freaked about dirty house. Soothing occured. Soothing helped. Then I reminded Wifey that I'm going to the BSO with a former MIT colleague who now works at the BSO (i.e. free tickets!). I've never been. I want to go. I struggle. Mom says go. Wifey says go (with a little guilt thrown in for good measure).
- I see my girl; we eat Thai. We go to the BSO. We enter through the Stage Door. We share a bathroom with musicians. It's amazing and intense and scary and upper-class and beautiful and strange. They perform Schoenberg's Moses und Aron. I know nothing about the Bible, so I read and try to keep up, and my girl is fabulous with the lay explanation: "Now Mafia, Aron is Moses' PR guy. He's trying to make the Israelites understand this unseen god, but Moses is kinda hard-line about the whole thing/ ... \so they're having crazy orgies and drinkin' and smokin' pot and acting all crazy, and when Moses comes back from his spa trip in the mountains, he's horrified. They say, "well, you didn't tell us we couldn't have orgies." So Moses gives them the 10 Commandments so everyone has clear expectations...." Thank Dog she was there to enlighten the Heathen-Mafia. I've never read the Bible, and perhaps I should. It's like, kinda important, huh?
- I ride home, sleep on the late-late train, and walk into a clean house and NO guilt-attitude from Wifey. In fact, Mom and Wifey are chatting away, and Mom's drinking my favorite beer, that she bought it because she knows I like it. Wow. That's pretty cool. We talk until 1AM! 1AM! I'm tooooo old for this, because I'm hurtin' today. snoooooze. honk. shuuu.